Drop down menus no longer working, Woocommerce compatibility issue

Let me try to explain this as simple as I can! I’ve spent a few days trying to figure this issue out on my own. I’ve searched Google. I’ve searched this forum. Nothing has worked.

So my drop-down menus were working fine… After downloading some plugins, they suddenly stopped. I deactivated plugins one by one to see which was the issue. I found that it was the Woocommerce plugin that was having compatibility issues.

I saw that X Theme wasn’t currently compatible with the newest Woocommerce so I rolled my Woocommerce plugin back one to the version that was currently compatible with my theme. That didn’t work either. I then tried to update Cornerstone (yesterday I think it was). That update failed for some reason and crashed my site. I went in and manually deleted Cornerstone altogether to see if that would bring my site back up. It did!

My drop down menus started working while Cornerstone was gone. However, I did want Cornerstone back of course. Cornerstone automatically reinstalled itself as I read it would after being deleted. Right now, everything else seems to be up and running perfectly on my site EXCEPT the darn drop-down menus.

I stopped and read all of the “similar” or “suggested” forum posts while writing this. I tried changing a couple of things and they still are not working. I also tried looking at my site on multiple browsers to see if that had something to do with it and that did not work either.

If I disable Woocommerce, then the drop-down menus immediately work. That would be the last resort though. Woocommerce seems to be the easiest, most inexpensive option for my situation. Although I do not have a store up and running quite yet (no products in the store), I had planned to open one next month hopefully. So I would like to get this figured out as soon as I can!

I also wanted to mention that the drop-down menus DO work if I am in the “Customize” area… But not after I hit save or publish and view my site…

Hey Katelyn,

I checked your site and the issue seems to be a conflict with WordPress’ jQuery and WooCommerce though that should not be the case. This is also not happening in my test sites where everything is updated.

Please try re-installing WordPress and purge all caches in your caching plugin after that. I see you’re using WP Super Cache.

If that does not help, please give us WordPress Admin and FTP access in a Secure Note


So strange! Okay, thank you! I will try that and report back.

You’re welcome and please let us know. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.