Drop down menu stays visible when clicking away from it not having chosen an item

Is there something that I can do to get the drop down menu to retract or not be visible if I have chosen to stay on the current page longer and don’t want that drop down menu to be visible until wanting to use it.

Adam

Hi Adam,

Try updating to the latest point release. It includes a fix for this issue.

ok thanks it works again. Is there a reason why the drop down menu’s take a little time to drop down rather than as it should be instant as hovered over or away from? Is there script or coding that is taking a second to get through before recognizing the curser location? or is this one of those intentional issues to get people to purchase plugins or custom development to resolve the issue. I’ve noticed this only on certain themes such a X. Let me know, thanks

Hello There,

In the X/Pro theme, we have added a slight delay of the submenus to appear/disappear. If you want to eliminate the delay and would prefer to display the submenu fast as you hover in/out of the menu item, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.menu-item-has-children > .sub-menu {
    display: none !important;
}

.menu-item-has-children:hover > .sub-menu {
    display: block !important;
}

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Yes that worked for making the submenu items drop down instantly, thanks!!

You are welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.