Drop Down Menu Issues

Hello,

I’m having an issue with my drop down menus. The drop down menu item links are all located on the same page, but once you are on the page all the items on the menu remain highlighted. This also is not a visible issue when editing the page or customizing the theme, only when previewing the site separately.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for writing in! To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

Thank you.

I don’t see a menu highlighted but I see you’re using full URLs or the URL followed by the fragment identifier #. You should only use the fragment identifier #. You could not use the menu site-wide with that setup though because it won’t work. With that said, I recommend you consider changing your navigation design or use Pro so you can build a header for your service pages like Apple’s site. If you can’t do that, you can add a widget element with a menu widget to each of your service pages like this https://youtu.be/W7Frz0WliQw?t=162 or like the video below. Please note that it uses a third party plugin and issues arising from the uses of it falls outside the scope of our support.

Thanks.

Hey Christian,

I don’t think any of these options will really work for what I’m trying to do.

There are two drop down menus and once you are on that page (one with a dropdown menu) the drop down menu become fully highlighted. If you select the drop down menu from the home page or any other page the items are not highlighted. I would just like them to remain not highlighted until you hover over them like on every other page of the site.

Please let me know if you are still having trouble seeing what I’m referring to.

Thanks.

The most confusing part is that when I’m editing the page the hover color and menus come up just the way I want, it’s only when I’m viewing them not logged in that the hover doesn’t work. I know it’s capable of appearing correctly it just doesn’t show up that way not logged in.

Ok, through some research I was able to find out how to fix this. Incase anyone else has this issue, I just had to add some custom CSS

ul.sub-menu li a:hover {
color: red !important;
}
ul.sub-menu li a {
color: yellow !important;
}

I added my own colors and now it works. I guess the theme had them as the same color, making it look like it was always selected. Still can’t figure out why the preview showed up differently, but it’s fixed so…

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. Have a nice day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.