Dreaded "429" Error

I’ve noticed that whenever I’m working in any kind of code editor (JS/CSS style editor, Raw Content Editor, Query String Editor), I often am unable to “Save”…

When visiting the site I then get a 429 error, for too many requests being sent at once.

The solution is to wait up to 5 minutes for the site to “cool down”, then retry saving, which usually works at that point.

This doesn’t always happen, but 10-15 times throughout my day I’ll be sitting, waiting for the site to not be so overloaded. I’m on a very high bandwidth plan through EasyWP for all my websites, so I don’t believe it has anything to do with my hosting.

Hello Bud,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your licenses and you seem to have several sites. We could not pinpoint which site has the problem. Usually, an error 429 occurs maybe because of an infinite loop in a custom code, a broken SSL or a plugin is causing it. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks for your response, unfortunately I have had the issue on every instance of a Pro Install. Even a vanilla install with no other plugins added, I still get this particular issue.

I’ve tried other Builders, no problems with custom code. But it’s a shame since Pro is far beyond the others.

I’ve also reached out to some developers within my community and they are experiencing the exact same issue, even on a brand new site with only Pro installed.

It literally only happens when I’m using the Code Editor UI in Pro. I don’t experience this issue any other time. Simply exiting the UI editor view usually fixes it. So I would have a hard time believing it wouldn’t have something to do with Pro if I can replicate it on command.

Thanks for taking the time!

Hi Bud,

It will be very difficult to recognize the issue without investigating through the admin dashboard. Can you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately due to the nature of the projects we have on the go and NDAs we have signed, I won’t be able to give any kind of access to our backend.

I understand this doesn’t help you, and will probably lead to this issue not being resolved, but unfortunately I am not able to provide this confidential information. Thanks so much for doing your best to help!

Hello Bud,

It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting and advice you properly.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.