Dragging a row causes element to go hatched and disappear

I have a row, I drag to resize the column and the whole row goes cross-hatched and no longer renders.

MacOS, Ventura, Safari latest.

Here’s a video

This happens with text elements too

Thanks, Bill.

Hello Bill,

Thanks for writing in!

Are you using the latest version? You may need to check the versions in this article:

We would also love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

I am certainly on the latest build - this feature has been occurring since 6.0 for me. I’ll add a secure note and a sample page to test on.

I made a test page and here’s a video of test procedure

1. Edit in Cornerstone
  2. Look for the dotted lines where the row splits
  3. Drag the dotted line

Hi Bill,

This is due to the Dynamic Content rendering using the Looper Provider, what you are seeing actually rendering through the Looper. While you are trying to change by dragging, it destruct the output shown through the Looper. I would suggest you change the width from Row > Layouts > Template as shown in the given screenshot.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hello,

The explanation makes sense but it’s hardly a good outcome for a user of Pro. It means that anyone dragging a row loses the ability to edit that row and has to save and reload the page. I really think this should be solved inside Pro so it doesn’t happen.

Bill.

Hello Bill,

We will take note of your feedback and forward it to our developers. We also suggest that when using Loopers, keep in mind to design your element structure first before enabling the Looper Provider and Consumer. If you modify any elements inside the active Loop, it can lead to issues or even break the loop especially if you have a complicated nested loop and several levels of containers.

Best Regards.

Hello @ruenel

Imagine a new buyer of a Pro license discovers this fault - the element disappears and they stare at the screen. What are they going to think? They will conclude there must be a fault with the UI - the element disappearing can’t be explained as a feature or deliberate design decision by ThemeCo. It’s a fault which you guys need to solve.

I’m a long term user so I the platitudes don’t cut it - please get some attention on this and find a way to solve it. I don’t have a nested loop, nor several levels of containers. It’s a simple loop, and your UI breaks when I do something which your UI allows me to do.

Please fix it.

Best wishes, Bill.

Hi Bill,

Yes, I also feel the same way. It is annoying when you change something in the layout and makes the element disappear. I have forwarded this already to our developers. Hopefully, they can chime in or come up with a fix to get around this.

Cheers.

I also realised that the hatching for a dynamic element in this case, is the same as for a gap. It makes a non-rendering object look like a gap - even more confusing for new users. Anyway, good luck getting this changed!

Hey Bill. We’ll have a fix for this in the next release. Drag and drop was conflicting with the row resizer. Platitude is a new word for me and I think you taught me Winterval too so keep em coming. I’ll be fixing something else with Gap eventually so we’ll use different image indicators, that’s a good idea thanks. Have a great day.

1 Like

Nice to hear. I will try and drop a few new phrases into my next tickets :wink:

1 Like

Hi Bill,

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.