Double-Scrollbar being caused by Header

Hey @fabiofava,

Have you actually tested Overflow Hidden already? Or, are you having trouble setting the Overflow to Hidden? If not, please do so. Furthermore, as I’ve previously said, we don’t see the issue on our end THAT IS WHY YOU NEED TO BE THE ONE TO TEST. See the attached proof.

Windows Chrome

MacOS Safari (tested in both old and latest version of MacOS and Safari)

2022-05-01_12h43_47

Unless you’re having difficulty setting the Section’s Overflow in which case we’d provide you guidance how to set, I’m sorry but we will close this thread.

Thank you for understanding.

Hey @christian,

As said before, this site have hundreds of Overflow=Visible in every page. I have no idea on wich I should touch. As said before, please do the tests since I don’t have a clue on what of those hundreds-per-page coud be causing it.

But, as a rule, when something causes absolutely no issue on absolutely nowhere, there’s not a single reason to look for the problem there. I’d bet that touching overflow will bring issues on breakpoints (screen sizes). But it’s just a clue.

If something causes no issues anywhere, it’s 99,99% chances it won’t cause there too. Please, my friend, do the tests since I got very confused with so many hundreds of Overflow=Hidden I have on every page of my site.

I’ll keep looking forward from you on the results, thank you very much! As seen on my video, the double-scrollbar loads only on this page, on every load when clicking on the menu. I’ve tried Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Brave and Tor browsers, all with the same results.

Thank you very much for your continued patience and support. I’d say it’s some CSS or setting on each of the 4 first sections on the page…

Hey @fabiofava,

You said the combination of the 4 sections is causing the issue. I believe it’s understood that you only need to set the Overflow of the 4 sections on the affected page to Hidden. The rest can be kept as Visible.

I previously said that I understand your point about other pages. But again, single column rows causes overflows in most cases I’ve seen that is why setting SPECIFIC sections to Overflow Hidden is what I recommend.

And, as I’ve said before, we cannot see the issue on our end so no matter what we set, we cannot see if it will fix the issue.

Let us know the result after you’ve set the 4 Sections on the affected page to Overflow Hidden.

Thanks.

Thank you @christian for the infos.

I’ve set Overflow=Hidden to all sections on that page, cleared all browser and server caches (there’s no cache at WP-level) and it still loads the double-scrollbars, only on that page. I assume we can now move forward.

I’ll keep looking forward to some option or CSS that’s wrong, wo we’re now at the same page. Setting Overflow=Hidden didn’t change a thing at all. Please let me know if you want me to record another video to prove that it’s still loading double-scrollbars every time, on every browser.

Thank you for your patience and continued support to help me solving this. Cheers!

Hey @fabiofava,

Thank you for your cooperation. Now we can look at other things, and the next things to try are the following, in order. Save each of the 4 sections as a template so you can restore them later.

1. Replace elements of the 4 sections with a Gap element, then test if that fixes the issue.
  2. If #1 fixes the issue, it’s one of the elements within the 4 sections that is causing the issue.
  3. If #1 didn’t fix the issue, it could be that some custom CSS in the section is causing the issue. Try removing all CSS in the sections’ Element CSS
  4. Remove the elements 1 by 1 while checking if the issue persists each time.

Just remember that you’re the only one who can see the double scrollbar, so it is only you who could do the testing. We can only guide you.

Thanks.

Hey @christian sorry for my delay, I’m on a roadtrip and it will take a few more days before I have a decent internet connection,

What you propose is beyond my capacities. I can’t see my self solving that… :frowning:

Hi @fabiofava,

Once you get a good Internet connection please try the steps suggested by my colleague. If you find any difficulties in doing that, please let us know for further help.

Thanks

Hey there,

I’m on a road-trip situation for a few months on a project. Anyway this is a way above my league, I’ll much likely screw things up worse than it’s now.

On the other hand, the padding on the Mini-Cart on the Uppermost NavBar (contact/login/cart), has just disappeared again. I’ve made the CSS suggested (on other topic, now closed), and I can’t see the padding around the mini-cart.

Thanks again, sad I won’t be able to fix the double-scrollbar. For amoment I’ve though it was possible to live without it. Cheers.

Hey @fabiofava,

Hope you are able to find a time to follow the recommendation by my colleague! We’re looking forward for your response.

Cheers!

Thank you @marc_a but what happens is that the proposed “solution” is a way beyond my league. I’m pretty sure I’ll screw things up and won’t be able to find what is causing the issue. It’s sad, since my CSS knowledge is quite basic I can’t even see myself solving that alone.

Hey @fabiofava,

In cases where you need hands-on help from us, please consider having our Elite team do the work for you or have a developer to work closely with you. You can check the service here https://theme.co/elite.

I’ll say this again though., the best person who can solve this issue is you because you’re the only one who can see the issue. My recommendation is also simple. You simply need to delete elements one at a time while checking if the issue will persist each time. You already said removing the first 4 sections fixes the issue for you. You only need to troubleshoot by removing elements in those sections to see which element is causing the issue. The only thing about custom CSS is IF, that is IF removing elements in those sections won’t resolve the issue. That’s the time you need to check if your sections do have custom CSS applied to them.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hey @christian thank you for the suggestion. I’ll try that at some point but I’m still on the road (I’m a commercial representative), so it may take a bit longer than I’d like. This issue really makes my head spin, since I didn’t make any change from the original design by Miroslav.

Hey @fabiofava,

I hope you can find some time to implement the suggestion given by my colleague.

Thanks again for your cooperation.

Hey folks,

I’ve received a link to another Topic with similar issue but on the whole site. In that case the user added the code below to Global CSS. In my case, as I only have this in one page, I’ve added the code to that page’s Global CSS, and it has hidden the double-scrollbar.

.x-dropdown:not(.x-active) 
{
    display:none !important;
}

It’s a paliative, but was the best “solution” available, it works, so it’s done. I’ll delete the Staging Site since it takes several Server Resources. Thank you all for your continued help and support, God bless you all. The topi can be closed, cheers!

It actually didn’t solve, unfortunately… :frowning:

Hey @fabiofava,

That code you used is for the Dropdown element. You previously said the issue is with the first 4 sections. You simply need to remove elements in those 4 sections to test. I’d recommend you set your staging site back up and test removing elements within the 4 sections.

The issue with the Dropdown element causing a double-scrollbar is a known issue and it’s already in queue to be investigated by our development team.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Dear @christian and Support Staff,

You all assume I have the same technical level than you, wich is impossible. I’ve searched for support because of that: supporters are to help not to tell us what we don’t know to do.

I’m a paragliding instructor. Imagine yourself trying to learn to fly and I’ll say “do this, do that”, but you have not my technical paragliding level. That’s the way I feel.

I’ll let this go, since I have no tech level, and who have the right tech level, refuses to solve trying to make me to solve it (wich I won’t ever be able).

So I’ve gave up on this. Can’t see you solving it, and I won’t be able to.

Best regards

Hey @fabiofava,

We are not refusing to provide help, nor are we refusing to solve the problem. We have repeatedly said that we could not replicate nor see the issue on our end, regardless of operating system and browser. That is why it’s only you who could do the testing because you could see the issue. It’s not that we don’t believe you. It’s just that it’s only you who could see the issue. I’m sorry for what you feel but there is nothing we can do if we can’t see the issue. It’s not only me but the rest of the support staff.

I understood your point, and already said what I’ve had to say. Cheers.