I am setting up a new site with X and at the moment it is a dev site. I seem to have two chunks of text that have the site’s name on them. One chunk of text is H1 the other is not. I have looked at all the page and site options I can think of to change this but am having problems. I just want one chunk of text with my site name on. Not in H1, I want that lower on the page and to be able to set that. I have disabled page title on the settings for the page but that made no difference.
I have also noticed in the header thatt the drop down navigation part of the header menu just has a square next to it. I was wondering if this could be changed to an arrow or something like that instead. Finally the header navigation seems set off to the left somewhat while I wanted it centralised. Any idea why this might be happening?
Thanks
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
Before we continue with your issue, please make sure the proper asset files are loaded. You’re seeing square icons, and listed menu and HR lines are because the CSS and Scripts that require for it to function properly are not loaded. It’s mainly due to your CloudFlare and Rocket Loader.
- Please make sure the CSS and JS minification is turned off under your CF’s Speed section
- Optionally, turn off your Rocket Loader while testing (but you may turn it on again later)
- Purge your CF caches and test your site again.
If the issue persists then please provide your CF login credentials as well.
Thanks.
You might be looking at my main site rather than my dev site. There are two different sites. The dev site has cloudflare and w3 total cache installed but not activated. I have never used a dev site before so I am a little out of my depth tbh! Could you look again at the actual site I asked for help with please?
Hi,
Upon checking, I can see the stylesheets of your dev site is corrupted.
Please re-install your theme via FTP (Filezilla)
- Download x theme from your themeforest download page or in
Forum> Dashboard - Unzip x.zip on your computer.
- Rename the x folder to x-updating.
- Connect to your server via FTP and navigate to your /wp-content/themes/ directory.
- Drag and drop the x-updating folder into your themes directory.
- Upon completion, rename the previous x folder to x-previous.
- Rename x-updating to x. Your site will now be at the latest version.
- Delete the x-previous folder.
- Visit the WordPress dashboard at least once to ensure any migration logic can run (this happens behind the scenes).
Hope that helps.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.