Double Arrows on navigations and Footer

With a recent update of Pro it added double arrows to my navigations menu at the top and then extra arrows on the footer menu. It went away with one update but now it is back. How do I remove this it’s very clunky.

Please advise. Thankyou!

Hello @Ralphmyes,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to replace the font awesome icon I would suggest you please add this custom CSS code to the global CSS

.x-navbar .desktop .x-nav>li.menu-item-has-children i.x-framework-icon.x-framework-icon-menu:before {
content: '\f078';
color: #c4c4c4;
}

The purpose of providing custom CSS is to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector.In case you have no idea about coding you can subscribe to One where customization questions are answered.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Where is the global CSS now?

Hey There,

It is in Cornerstone > Theme Options > Custom Code which you can find in the lower right corner while you are in the builder:

Best Regards.

ok I did that thanks for showing me where… but it seems to be making no change. I cleared the page cache?

Hi @Ralphmyes,

It seems that you have not added the custom CSS code into the Global CSS properly and that is why it is not working. If you are facing any problem in adding it, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note for further assistance, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi @Ralphmyes,

I have modified the code and added an extra custom CSS code, and now it is working. But I found that you are having some caching issue and that is why it does not show if you are not logged in. I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache including the System Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear System Cache, server level cache, and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

.x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > li.menu-item-has-children i.x-framework-icon.x-framework-icon-menu:before 
{
    content: '\f078' !important;
    color: #c4c4c4 !important;
}

.x-navbar .desktop .x-nav li>a>span:after 
{
    content: '';
    display:none !important;
}

Hope it helps.
Thanks

and is there a way to eliminate the arrows in the footer menu?

Hello @Ralphmyes,

To get rid of the footer widget’s menu icon I would suggest you please add this custom CSS code to the Global CSS.

footer.x-colophon .widget.widget_nav_menu ul.menu li i {
display: none;
}

The purpose of providing custom CSS is to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector.In case you have no idea about coding you can subscribe to One where customization questions are answered.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I applied it to another site that has the same problem but it’s behaving differently?

Can you guide me on that one also…

Also I am curious why the theme needs the CSS change and doesnt just do what it used to… why the change?

Hi @Ralphmyes,

I have added the following code through the Browser Debugger tool and it is working fine. I would suggest you check by adding the following code into the Global CSS.

.x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > li.menu-item-has-children i.x-framework-icon.x-framework-icon-menu:before 
{
    content: '\f078' !important;
    color: #c4c4c4 !important;
}

.x-navbar .desktop .x-nav li>a>span:after 
{
    content: '';
    display:none !important;
}
footer.x-colophon .widget.widget_nav_menu ul.menu li i {
    display: none;
}

Hope it helps.
Thanks

ok I followed that and added it to the CSS but it is still showing arrows for the tabs that don’t have sub menu items. Showing two different types of arrows…

www.shane ann younts.com

Also like to ask why Tiktok hasn’t been added to the social media options yet?

Hello @Ralphmyes,

I checked the given CSS code on my end it seems that it is working fine on my end. It might be an issue with the browser cache I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and recheck it. If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Looks like all is well on this end also. Thanks so much for the support and CSS.

Hi @Ralphmyes,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.