Don't show thumbnail if not available

Hi,

Little question: in a post grid, how to don’t show the thumbnail for a post if no featured image is available? I rather not seeing anything rather than the default blue image.

Thank you

Hello @ProductionMD1986,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you please add this condition on the Image element where you have called the featured image. Your condition would like this “Featured Image is set

Test-Page-Cornerstone - 2023-04-01T010035.163

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi,

I am not sure where to set it… so here are my credentials:

https://crestrealties.com/

Hey @ProductionMD1986,

Can you please also include the page URL where we can find the grid? See the screenshot below as it were the pages we can find.

Thanks.

https://crestrealties.com/portfolio-american-residential/

Hi @ProductionMD1986,

The condition explained by my colleague can be implemented using the Cornerstone, and you are using the Portfolio page template where it is not possible. If the featured image does not set to the Portfolio Item, it shows a default image in that place. If you want to remove that item and need to modify the template in your child theme. If you are not proficient in this, I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

Hi,

I’m already working from a child theme. If I need to modify your original template, you can just name the file and the folder and give me a rough idea of the code. Or if it is a condition in the functions file, I can also add it myself, if you tell me the code.

Thank you.

Hi @ProductionMD1986,

You can find the file named pro\framework\views<stack name>\template-layout-portfolio.php inside the Stack you are using. Regarding, the coding it is beyond the scope of Theme Support, as suggested before you can hire a developer who can assist you on this or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.