Disqus Comments not working

I have the Disqus plugin added and configured with my shortcode and the default comments are loading on my posts. Will add a secure note with admin login info.

Hi Nerdy,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems to be a problem with the 3rd Party plugin which is beyond the scope of our Theme Support. I would suggest you contact the plugin author on this and let us know the feedback.
I would also request you activate any of the default themes, and check if the issue exists or not. If yes, please mention it and provide the information to the plugin author. If not and it only exists with our theme, I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or any other 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If that does not help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we can troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

This seems to be an issue with The Mover (a Personify template), not any of the plugins (and there is no custom code, other than what is in The Mover). I have deactivated the plugins (except for ones that are supported by Pro) and the issue still persists. I can try deleting them again, but when I did that BEFORE opening a ticket with you guys, the issue persisted. I have a snapshot of this site ready to restore, no need to create a staging site… you can do whatever you need to do in the credentials I provided in the previous note.

Hey Nerdy,

Please make sure that the Disqus is properly configured on your website and on the Disqus website. To know how to configure it properly, please check our online documentation.

Hope that helps.

I’ve triple-checked my settings. I have Disqus working on other sites I’ve developed for clients with X and Pro… the issue only remains here on the personify design. I also just tested the Disqus shortcode for this site on another site (running X) and it loads just fine. This is an issue with Personify (or at least The Mover)–any help would be appreciated.

Hey Kev,

I have investigated the issue. It seems that the Comments List element in the builder does not work with Disqus. I believe that this is a bug. I will have this issue reported and added to our issue tracker so that our developers can investigate and resolve this issue in the next releases.

Please bear with us.

1 Like

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to a resolution!

Hey Kev,

You’re most welcome!