Displaying Archie Layout by Tag

I’m using CPT UI to create a new blog post type called Jobs. Each of those jobs have a Job Tag. These Job Tags are locations where the job is available at.

I’ve created an Archive Layout that is set to display Job posts and display them by a Job Tag. The problem I’m having is that the layout is displaying correctly on the backend but not on the front end.

This is how it’s displayed on the backend with the corresponding settings. (Here I’m displaying Job posts with the tag Swampscott Mall. |

Here are the conditional settings:

When I preview this archive I see this:

You can clearly see its not displaying posts with the tag Swampscott Mall because it isn’t listed under “Available At:”

Hi @santosfel5,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems that you are trying to assign the Archive Layout to the custom post type Job. In the case of Archive page layout conditions should apply to the Post Type as shown in the following screenshot.

If that does not work, please provide credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

It didn’t work. I just posted secure credentials.

Hi @santosfel5,

The given credential is not working, please double check and update it with the correct one.

Thank you.

Sorry, try again. I just reset the password to a new one and added it in the secure note.

Hi Felicia,

I have investigated the issue, and your Posts Tags and Jobs Tags are tangled. It would be simpler if you create a custom taxonomy (Job Position) on CPT UI and assign that on the Jobs post type instead of the Tags (WP Core).

Create A Taxonomy In WordPress Using Custom Post Type UI

Right now, nothing is showing up on the /tag/swampscott-mall/ page because WordPress is under the impression that you don’t have Posts belongs to swampscott mall tag.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

@friech I’ve got it working, but I’ve had to make a layout for each taxonomy (Locations) in order to feed in posts for each respective location. How can I make it so that 1 layout applies to all Location taxonomies and displays each Locations’s respective posts?

Hello @santosfel5,

Your “All Locations Job Listing Archive” is the one layout you need that can be used to display each of the taxonomy locations. Please remove the other locations’ layout to avoid confusion and do the following.
1.) Edit your “All Locations Job Listing Archive”.
2.) Find the Posts element and disable the Looper Provider. This is an archive, you do not need a looper provider so that it will also work for the other locations.

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 4.34.01 AM

3.) You will have to add the “Post Pagination” element at the bottom of your page.

3.) Change your condition to “Job Taxonomy is Location”.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

That worked! Thank you.

Hi @santosfel5,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.