Display posts by category

I am building a page that displays posts using Loopers. All is fine and I can display all of the featured images and the titles of the posts. I am trying to add a list of the categories that are assigned to these posts in a column. I can do this by adding a Terms element to the column, but what I need to be able to do is click on a category and have it only show the posts from the selected category.

To be more concise, I am trying to replicate the filter functionality in the Essential Grid plugin on the posts displayed with Loopers. My client does not like how slowly Essential grid loads (nor do I).

Hey @mcaravaglia,

Thanks for writing in!

You can use the Terms element and then change the looper from Looper Provider All Terms to Looper Provider Current Post Terms.

Best Regards.

Thank you. See capture attached. I have set the “Terms” element to Looper Provider AND to Looper Consumer as you are showing. Nothing appears.

Hello @mcaravaglia,

To help you with your concerns we need to check your setting, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @mcaravaglia,

I checked your settings it seems that you are trying to list the category on the page where you have set the “Current post terms”, please note that the page has no taxonomies so you can not display the category associated with that page. When you set the “Current post terms” on the looper it would show the terms of that current posts. In case you want to list all the categories on the page you need to set the Looper as All terms.

Hope it helps
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.