Display "Page Template" option for Custom Post (CPT UI)

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea of how to display “Page Template” option for Custom Post (CPT UI)? I have created the custom post but do not have the option of choose page template.

Appreciate any direction, thank you

Hi @MrTyree,

Thanks for writing in.

I believe that there is a plugin that will allow you to add a page template options for custom posts however I would recommend you is to create a custom post templates for your Custom Posts. Check the link below on how to do it.

https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

@nico

Thank you for the reply, but am I not able to add me custom post to templates of X/Pro? I basically just want the same templates the page has for my custom post.

Hello There,

All those templates were exclusively designed for the pages. These templates will not be displayed in a post or custom post type. You may need to duplicate or modify these templates and made it to work for the posts and custom post types. Please check out this links:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the help,

I ended up just copying the template files located in the root theme file, then copying them to the child theme and adding this code

<?php
/*
Template Name: Blank - No Container | No Header, No Footer
Template Post Type: post, page, product, custom post name here
*/

2 Likes

Glad to hear that! :slight_smile:

Can you confirm if this has been resolved? Thank you.

Yes it has been resolved :grinning:

Glad to hear that :slight_smile:

Hey @Lassiter,

Looks like you’ve withdrawn your post, let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.