Display One Post on Page as Full Article Without Clicking

Hi, I hope I can explain this properly, but I’m wanting to display a post on a page without having to click on the thumbnail preview before getting to the full article! I’m doing a website for a client with a property portfolio and they only have 1 development at a time for people to buy, so this is to be displayed on a page called ‘Current Development’. They also want to show their previous developments on a page on their site. I’ve tried to do it as simple as I can for my client to update themselves, so I’m using a plugin which displays the posts as projects for them to use to show their properties. I’ve created 2 categories for the posts, one called ‘Current Development’ and another called ‘Previous Developments’. The development they have available will be selected as the ‘Current Development’ and when that is sold, it will change to ‘Previous Developments’ category. I’ve created 2 pages on the site, ‘Current Development’ and ‘Previous Developments’, where the relevant posts will be displayed. The thing is, on the Current Development page, I don’t want the small thumbnail of the post to show and then you have to click on it to see the full article, I want it to show the full article straight away. Is this possible? I’ve tried looking for a solution and can’t find it myself!

Hope that makes some sort of sense and you’ll be able to help me out!

Thanks!

Hey @core365,

This is not possible if you’re using the Recent Posts shortcode or element. You will need to use Essential Grid for this because you can select Content instead of Excerpt. You can do that in the Skin Editor. See https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/item-skin-editor/

Thanks.

Hi, I’m not using the recent posts shortcode. I’m not too sure if you’ve understood what I was wanting to do, as I don’t see how using Essential Grid will do what I want it to do. I just want to display the full article page of the post for the category ‘Current Development’ on a page (so there won’t be any clicking on thumbnails involved to get to this post, you will just click on the ‘Current Development’ link in the nav bar) as there will only ever be the 1 post for this category.

Thanks!

Hi There,

Please check the following guides which should be helpful for you to show content without hovering.

Hope that helps.

Hi, sorry, I’m getting really confused here! I’m not too sure why I need to use Essential Grid, as the post needs to look exactly as it currently does on this page: http://www.goodwin-homes.co.uk/projects-archive/the-sheraton-collection/ but needs to be displayed like that on this page, without having to click onto the thumbnail, as I want it to display the full post:
http://www.goodwin-homes.co.uk/current-development/

I’ve had a quick go trying to follow the instructions for the Essential Grid way but it’s not displaying it as it should be! Sorry but it’s not making any sense!

Cheers

Hey @core365,

That is because you can display Full Post content using Essential Grid.

Now that you provided more details, Essential Grid then is not appropriate since your post is not in article form or just straight content. You want to show a post with slider and a 2 column display below it.

The only possibility I see for now is either you save your post as a Template or Global Block and insert it to your page.

If that method is not feasible for you, you will need to have a developer create a custom shortcode for you.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.