Display one category on a page

Hi

I’m wanting to create a page that displays only one category - I’m using the Pro > integrity stack > child theme

Reading other articles hasn’t really given me a definitive answer. The category will be ‘celebration’ with an ID of 7.

From what I’ve found, there are 2 approaches - one is duplicating files within a child theme and re-naming them to the category and the other is a query used in the wp-index.php template. The latter seems the tidier approach can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Hi There,

I personally would choose the following approach.

Install one of our Addons THE GRID or Essential GRID

Create a Grid using the specific category as a source.

Add the grid shortcode to Cornerstone or WP classic editor.

Those plugins allow you to easily create really modern looking grid layouts.

Please take a look.

Cheers!

I am trying to avoid using another plug-in if possible

Hi There,

You can use the recent posts element to display your Blog Posts and Portfolio items,

You can use the element multiple times and use different offsets to display all the posts.

http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/recent-posts/

If you are referring to Portfolio items, you can create multiple pages, under the blue update button you will select > page attributes > Page templates > Portfolio.

Scroll down and you will be able to select which categories you want to display.

Hope it helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.