Disable preview on Text element using Looper Consumer

Hello,

I’ve got a looper consumer set up on a text element that’s working as it should be, however it is returning a ton of options which is fine for the front-end where it’s building options in a drop-down. On the back-end I’m forced to see each option as I’m using raw content elements to wrap the looper consumer text element in a select input box. There is a disable preview option on raw content elements, but I’m wondering if there’s a way to disable preview of my text element looper consumer so I don’t see all the options returned?

I tried to update the State settings via Dev Toolkit to add disable_preview: “true” to my looper consumer text field, but that didn’t do anything.

If that won’t work is there a way to limit the number of looper consumer items shown on the back-end, while allowing it to continue to consume all items on the front-end? I’m just trying to make it easier to see/navigate the back-end while editing the page.

Thanks!

Hey Philip,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can disable the element condition so that you will not be distracted while you are working on your layout builder or page. This is what I am referring to:

Hope that helps.

When I open my page in the back-end builder and open the Preview Manager tab nothing happens when click the Ingore button for Element Conditions. I also tried to select the element first which doesn’t seem to matter for the Element Conditions button. Am I supposed to set up a condition on the consumer/provider for this to work? Take a look at my first screenshot to see what I’m talking about.

Here’s how it’s structured:

Cell 4 (Looper Provider) > Raw Content (html for select and first option), Text Element (Looper Consumer which builds options for select html), Raw Content (html to end wrapper)

This is working, but my issue is that my looper consumer is returning a ton of data which is making it difficult to navigate the page when I’m editing it on the back-end. Take a look at my second screenshot to see what I’m talking about.

Hello Philip,

You may have inserted a broken code or that the Looper Consumer is not correctly set up. To better assist you with this issue, please provide us your WP access the the page where we can find this Looper. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello Philip,

I tried to access your site but the given login details are not working. Please recheck and send us the correct login details.

Thanks

Updated credentials, don’t use the parentheses as they aren’t part of the login.

Hello Philip,

You have used the Raw Content element before and after the looper to contain the looper consumer in a select element. Be advised that Looper Consumer will always display all items in the builder. I would highly recommend that while editing the page in the builder, just set your Looper Consumer to “One” or set a custom value.

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 10.23.10 AM

Regretfully you cannot disable the preview of a Text element. It is only allowed in the Raw Content and some select elements.

Best Regards.

@ruenel,

That’s what I expected as far as being able to toggle the preview for Text elements.

Just thinking though it would be nice for the Looper Consumer to have the Preview toggle so it could be switched off when needed. The other thing I was thinking is that you could have set number that would limit the number of visible results to x results, but would still process everything on the front-end.

Hi Philip,

I will add this as feature request so that it will be taken into action in the future. In the meantime, you can try the suggestion by my colleague, setting the Looper Consumer to “One” while you are still working on the layout.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.