Disable background video download on mobile

Hello

I am using the “hide during breakpoints” to hide a background video section when on mobile. I do this to change the layout for mobiles anyway.

However, the background video is still being loaded on mobile as although the section is hidden CSS wise, the code is still available (as normal) - incase resize etc. Before I look at custom ways to disable or remove the video source before it starts loading, do you have any suggestions through Themeco to completely remove the video source if the initial page load is from a device within those breakpoints?

Thanks!

Hi Thomas,

The hide during the breakpoints functionality will not remove the html structure of the section or column you created for mobile/desktop. Even though, it is hide using the CSS the HTML DOM is still there. That being said, there’s no option in our theme to totally remove the video on load on the mobile devices. What you are trying to achieve will require customization. Regretfully, customization is outside the scope of our theme support. You may seek 3rd party developers to help you with your problems or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Thank you. As expected. I will use my customisation. Just didn’t want to complicate it if the feature existed already.

Hi Thomas,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.