Different content in front-end and back-end

Hi,
I’m facing a weird issue where the content in the front-end is different than the one in the back-end, when editing with Cornerstone.

The content in the front-end is the correct, updated one. The content that shows in Cornerstone is outdated. I can’t just re-publish the page as it would overwrite the correct content that already shows in the frontend.

Can you please take a look and let me know how I can fix and prevent this issue from happening? Thanks!

Hi Catalin,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked the frontend and backend, but I didn’t find any differences in the content. Can you please provide any screenshots marked with the section where the content is different?

Thanks

The text is different. For example:

Hey Catalin,

It seems that last June 15, the page was edited outside of Cornerstone. This is why the contents of the Text element are outdated. Be advised that it is not advisable to edit the page outside of Cornerstone so that the cornerstone data of that page or post will not be lost.

• See the link in the secure note below.

Thanks.

Thank you for looking into it.
How can you tell it’s an edit outside of Cornerstone?
Cornerstone editing doesn’t create revisions?

I would like to understand how it works in case it happens again.
Thanks!

Hey Catalin,

You were using Classic Text elements and the said page was edited last year. The only explanation for why the content in Cornerstone is outdated is that it is edited outside of Cornerstone via the WP Editor. Yes, Cornerstone creates revisions as well. The issue at the moment is that the last revision is June 15 and then the latest one when edited in Cornerstone is outdated. The front end displays the previous version which was edited June 15. I am also confused with this one.

Cheers.

Isn’t it true that if I edit a Cornerstone page in WP editor then I can’t edit it back in Cornerstone? I was under the impression that’s how it works.

But in this case I can still edit the page in Cornerstone, that’s why I’m not convinced it was a WP editor edit.

Hey Catalin,

Yes, it’s true. If you edit the page Cornerstone the builder you cannot edit back in Cornerstone.

You can still edit it in Cornerstone but the data connected to the frontend is not syncing. With that said, it would really be best to recreate the whole page using Cornerstone.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.