Development site URL opens Live site

Hi,

I’ve cloned my live site to a separate dev domain, and now when i load the dev site it automatically opens the live one. It does this for the dashboard too, so it’s difficult to troubleshoot.

This is NOT the usual siteurl and home issue. I did a replace all with the dev url. I can see the dev database, and the wp_options entries both point correctly to the development url. i’ve tried making a completely fresh instance of WP in a sub-directory and uploading the files and database to the new install, and the result is still the same.

I have a test image in the root of each site, and I can load that with a direct call, so the redirect is not something on the domain. There are no redirect scripts on the server.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Live site: htttps://realsimpleclean.com
Dev site: https://rscbackstage.com
test image: https://rscbackstage.com/test.png

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look and fix the issue? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can make a post with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

  • FTP Hostname
  • FTP Username
  • FTP Password

Thank you.

Hi RueNei. Thanks so much for responding.

How do I make this reply private. I don’t see a button like on the old forum.

/ clif

Hi There,

Please install a fresh version of your website and re-do the migration using the plugin ALL IN ONE MIGRATION

If that does not work you can click on SECURE NOTE to provide your credentials safely.

Thank you

Hey Joao,

That migration tool is broken. It hangs permanently when it starts to import the database. Lots of discussion about it online. It was the first thing I tried, and it didn’t work on the original WP install, or the new one.

Attaching login info in a secure note.

thanks / clif

Hi,

I am getting this message trying to access your site.

Can you disable wordfence temporarily so we can check.

Thanks

Sorry about that.
Wordfence is now off.
Thanks for your help with this.
I appreciate it.

Hi There,

Sorry about that, altough we have often been using All Ine One Migration to migrate X , with PRO seems to be an issue.

Please use the plugin Duplicator instead.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks