Demo content not loading

I just installed theme x, set up integrity-1 demo content successfully.
Then installing Church demo, have failed on Chrome and Firefox.

error in firefox

error on chrome

I added this to the .htaccess page:
php_value max_execution_time 300

as per: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/demo-content-not-installing/4529/4

I’ll post my login info if you could please give me a hand sorting this out. Why would the first demo install with no problem and the second try not work after multiple attempts?

I’m hosted on hostgator.

Hey there,

Your site is down. Please check.

The issue might not be due to timeout limit but other settings. Please try the solutions outline in this article https://www.lifewire.com/500-internal-server-error-explained-2622938

If that doesn’t help, please give us cPanel access.

Thanks.

I removed the line:
php_value max_execution_time 300
from the .htaccess file that I had placed there based on advice I linked to in the forum.

The site is back up but I am back where I started, unable to load demo content.
It just hangs.

Can you have a look now that the site no longer has 500 error? Or do you still need cpanel access?
Thank you for your help.

Hello There,

I did some further investigation. I noticed that you are using PHP version **5.2.17** and WordPress 4.7 requires at least 7.0 (https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/). This could possibly be the cause of the issue. In most cases you cannot update your PHP version yourself and need to contact your host about this. The upgrade process is an easy process and should be something your host can do for you without affecting your website or charging you for it. Here’s a letter you can send to your hosting company:

Dear host,

I\'m interested in running the open-source WordPress <https://wordpress.org/> web software and 
I was wondering if my account supported the following:

- PHP 7 or greater
- MySQL 5.6 or greater
- The mod_rewrite Apache module
- HTTPS support

Looking forward to your reply.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Thank you.
Hostgator was able to upgrade PHP to 7. But the package I have does not allow greater than MySQL 5.6.
Looking at other hosting packages as Demo content still not engaging.
Ugh.
Thanks for help.

Hosting packages are a mess to choose from. Don’t have time for that :)! ugh hostgator.
I went ahead and reinstalled wordpress on a new staging subdomain and am installing church demo content.
Looks like it was successful… for now.
Thanks for the help.

Glad you were able to resolve it :slight_smile: