Delete Layout from backend

Something in a Layout I created is causing some serious problems. I can’t even modify (make a change and successfully save) or delete this Layout. Is there a way to delete a Layout from the backend?

Hello @marketfresh,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you delete the section one by one from your layout then check which section is causing the problem. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.
testsxt-Layouts-Pro

You may delete your specific layout go to Pro—>Layout
Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Pro

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Layout Name

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I know exactly which section is causing the problem. I can’t even delete the Layout like you have described.
The problem is related to my other post: Looper Query String crashing site

The query string I’m using is causing too many queries to the database.

I’m wondering if there is another way to delete a Layout from the database other than the Pro UI.

Hello @marketfresh,

The looper query is causing an infinite loop which then crashing the site. It is best that you delete and recreate the layout instead.

Best Regards.

@ruenel That makes sense. Did you review the query? Can you tell me what is causing the infinite loop and how to fix that query?

In regards to this ticket, the problem that I stated in both of my previous messages is that I can’t even delete the layout. The problem that query is causing is preventing me from even being able to delete the Layout. That is why I asked if it is possible to delete from the backend somehow.

Okay. I was actually able to delete the Layout.
For anyone else facing this issue, I could only delete it after creating another Layout to replace it and giving that new layout a higher priority so that it replaces the old layout causing the problem.

Hey @marketfresh,

It’s good to know that you were able to delete the layout and resolved your issue.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.