Delete classic recent posts element

How do I delete a classic recent posts element from the home page? I searched the forum without finding anything and a Google search did not come up with anything. Please point me in the right direction. Do I delete the code in the functions.php? Where do I go to make this edit? I am using Ethos in X Theme and it’s been a number of years since I have edited the website I’m trying to fix. Thank you for your help.

Hey @quarternote,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your setup properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi @quarternote,

I have checked the Home page but didn’t find the Classic Recent Post element as you described in your first post. It seems that it has been already deleted, If that is not the case and you are trying to point out something else, please provide any screenshot marked with it which help us to recognize the problem.

Thanks

It’s the “Why Bother” part at the top. I tried clearing the cache and it is still appearing.

Hi @quarternote,

What you have mentioned is Slider and that has been added by modifying the Header in the Child Theme. I would suggest you remove the code shown in the given screenshot to get rid of it.

Please remember that we don’t offer any support to the modified child theme or custom codes.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.