Delayed "Add-to-Cart" AJAX animation

When you click the add to cart button on the shop page, there is a strange 3-4 second delay between the grey cart icon and the green checkmark. You can go to my website (tlvbiblesociety.org) and see what I am saying. Is there some thing that can fix this long delay?

Hey Joseph,

What happens when you click the Add-to-Cart button is it sends a signal to the server to update the Cart then the server sends an OK message to the browser and that’s when the animation kicks off. That whole process is called AJAX, just in case you are not aware yet.

That process is outside the control of X/Pro and there is a lot of factors that are involved but mainly on the server side since it’s the receiving and outgoing end of the process. It could be that you have lots of traffic in your site and your server is busy.

With all that said, moving to a better web host and optimizing your website might help with this.

Please just note that as I’ve said, this is outside the control of our theme. Our theme just displays the animation when the process is complete. It does not have control over the process so this is beyond our scope of support to fix.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.