Default Page Template option set for LEFT sidebar, but its still on right by default on all pages

We are moving the sidebar to the left side instead of the right side. Under X Theme > Options > Layout and Design, the default content layout is now set to sidebar left, content right. (Also under Appearance > Customize > Layout and Design it is also set to sidebar left, content right.)

However in any page when I select “default template” as the page template, the sidebar is still on the right. I can manually change each individual page to “sidebar left, content right” and it then puts the sidebar on the left.

However I don’t want to manually re-set the template for every page. I just want to leave it as “default template” and have the sidebar appear on the left (which is what I have set as the default). That way any new pages will look correct and things can be easily changed in the future if needed.

(note: the one section that does have the sidebar on the left by default is the Woocommerce Shop section, however I am not clear on why only those pages have the sidebar on the left.)

Help is appreciated, thank you!

Problem has been fixed, it was a custom function.php section that was causing the hiccup

Glad to hear you got it sorted. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.