Debugging warnings on the frontend when selecting the Starter stack

Hey,

When selecting the Starter stack I get the following 2 warnings on the frontend of the site:

`Warning : file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/* // ========================================================================== / body { background-color: {{dc:theme:x_design_bg_color}}; } / Container Sizing // ========================================================================== / .x-container.width { width: {{dc:theme:x_layout_site_width unit="%"}}; } .x-container.max { max-width: {{dc:theme:x_layout_site_max_width unit=“px”}}; } .x-bar-content.x-container.width { flex-basis: {{dc:theme:x_layout_site_width unit="%"}}; } / Global Container // ============================================================================= / .x-container, .x-container.max, .x-container.width { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } / Content // ========================================================================== */ .x-main.full { float: none; display: block; width: auto; } ) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/:/tmp/) in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/webos/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/ThemeOptions.php on line 502

Warning : file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/* Custom Fonts // ========================================================================== / body, input, button, select, textarea { font-family: {{dc:theme:x_body_font_family_selection destination=“font-family”}}; color: {{dc:theme:x_body_font_color}}; } / Custom Fonts - Colors // ========================================================================== / / // Headings. / h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .h1, .h2, .h3, .h4, .h5, .h6, h1 a, h2 a, h3 a, h4 a, h5 a, h6 a, .h1 a, .h2 a, .h3 a, .h4 a, .h5 a, .h6 a, blockquote { color: {{dc:theme:x_headings_font_color}}; font-family: {{dc:theme:x_headings_font_family_selection destination=“font-family”}}; } .cfc-h-tx { color: {{dc:theme:x_headings_font_color}}; !important; } .cfc-h-bd { border-color: {{dc:theme:x_headings_font_color}}; !important; } .cfc-h-bg { background-color: {{dc:theme:x_headings_font_color}}; !important; } / // Body. / .cfc-b-tx { color: {{dc:theme:x_body_font_color}}; !important; } .cfc-b-bd { border-color: {{dc:theme:x_body_font_color}}; !important; } .cfc-b-bg { background-color: {{dc:theme:x_body_font_color}}; !important; } / Headings // ========================================================================== */ h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .h1, .h2, .h3, .h4, .h5, .h6 { font-family: {{dc:theme:x_headings_font_family_selection destination=“font-family”}}; font-style: normal; font-weight: {{dc:theme:x_headings_font_weight}}; } h1, .h1 { letter-spacing: {{dc:theme:x_h1_letter_spacing unit=“em”}}; } h2, .h2 { letter-spacing: {{dc:theme:x_h2_letter_spacing unit=“em”}}; } h3, .h3 { letter-spacing: {{dc:theme:x_h3_letter_spacing unit=“em”}}; } h4, .h4 { letter-spacing: {{dc:theme:x_h4_letter_spacing unit=“em”}}; } h5, .h5 { letter-spacing: {{dc:theme:x_h5_letter_spacing unit=“em”}}; } h6, .h6 { letter-spacing: {{dc:theme:x_h6_letter_spacing unit=“em”}}; } .w-h { font-weight: {{dc:theme:x_headings_font_weight}} !important; } a, .widget.widget_text ol li a, .widget_nav_menu .current-menu-item > a { color: {{dc:theme:x_site_link_color fallback=“blue”}}; } a:hover, h1 a:hover, h2 a:hover, h3 a:hover, h4 a:hover, h5 a:hover, h6 a:hover, .x-breadcrumb-wrap a:hover, .widget ul li a:hover, .widget ol li a:hover, .widget.widget_text ul li a, .x-accordion-heading .x-accordion-toggle:hover, .x-comment-author a:hover, .x-comment-time:hover, .x-recent-posts a:hover .h-recent-posts { color: {{dc:theme:x_site_link_color_hover fallback=“dc:theme:x_site_link_color fallback=‘blue’”}}; } ) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/:/tmp/) in /var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/webos/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/ThemeOptions.php on line 502`

Thanks!

Best Regards

Hello @diegocanal,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked the theme with the Stater stack and it seems it works fine on my end. I have tested it on the Pro theme version 6.3.9 and WordPress version 6.3.1. I would suggest you please download the fresh copy of the Pro theme and reinstall it. If the issue still persists, we need to check your settings please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello @prakash_s,

The same as you have done, I have tested it on the Pro theme version 6.3.9 and WordPress version 6.3.1, on a new install with zero plugins. Also, following your instructions, I have downloaded a fresh copy of the Pro theme and reinstalled it. The problem persists. As you may already have guessed, I have the debug mode active. I will provide you with the credentials you have asked for, on a secure note.

Thanks!

Hello @diegocanal,

I checked your site it seems that you enabled the WordPress debugger mode ON I would suggest you go to the wp-config.php file which is located in the WordPress installation root directory. You need to set the change to the define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ); to define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hello @prakash_s,

As I said in my previous message, I am fully aware of having the debugging mode active. I am going to start the development phase and, until I put the website into production, the debugging mode will be active (WP_DEBUG will be set to true).

I could easily get rid of those warning messages setting up open_basedir to none in my server but I’d rather not have to do it. I think that those warnings should be reported to the PRO’s dev team and be fixed, they are only present when the Starter stack is used, the other stacks are fine.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Diego,

We will forward this error to our developers to make them aware of the issue and investigate further.

Please bear with us. Thanks.

Hey Diego,

On our end I think we just have to suppress that warning for you. The Stack API allows you to send a file or raw CSS. The fact that the CSS starts with a /* is what is giving you this warning, as it’s checking if it is a file or CSS.

You have the open_basedir security warning enabled. Which can be disabled, but you can also just ignore this warning for now till we make an update on our end. I would recommend not changing this to hide the error. Appreciate you sending this our way, have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.