Deactivate Google Fonts (GDPR) 2022

I tried to deactivat Google Fonts with 2 different plugins ( disable and remove google fonts und OMGF), both did not work on pro, I also tried the css which were mentioned on two posts here, but they also did not work.
I´m using pro, can you please help me?

Best regards Kerstin

Hello Kerstin,

Thanks for writing in! please go to Cornerstone > Theme Options > Typography and disable the Font Manager. For your “Body & Content” and the “Headings” font settings, choose a font that is loaded by just the System.

The steps above will not load Google Fonts in your site.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi there,
thanks, but unfortunately it does not work. I disabled font manger, deleted the cash, but the fonts are still loaded vom google. What can I do?

Best regards Kerstin

Hello Kerstin,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot common issue before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello Prakash,
one question for my understanding first:

I uploaded a font to my server, then a disabled font manager, but the google font still exists. When I check the text on the page inside wordpress, an new font show up: architecture portfolio:…
This is probably the new font, I uploaded. Do I have to change all my text and headlines troughout the whole website to get rid of the fonts, which were loaded from google? That would be a lot of work (especaillly with the websites of my clients)…

Thanks so much! Kerstin

Hello Kerstin,

Thanks for the information. Regretfully we cannot do much because the given credentials has a very limited privileges. Please make the given user role as an Administrator so that we can check all of your site settings and Theme Options.

Best Regards.

Oh so sorry, it´s now on administraror level!

Hi Kerstin,

Unfortunately, your website Admin URL is not accessible and showing a 503 error. It seems that there might be an IP restriction implemented on your site, we are not able to access your website to examine. As we are from different parts of the World and most of us have a dynamic IP we can’t provide a specific IP address for whitelisting too.
Alternatively, I would suggest you remove the IP(s) restrictions or you can copy your live site to a staging server without IP restrictions, so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your site.

Thanks

Hi,

I just talked with my hosting: there ist no geoblocking on the server/my homepage at all.
Could you please try ist again?

And for the problem: now I use the plugin OMGF. And everything works fine with an other homepage, where I have an other theme. Just with pro theme, there are still google fonts loaded.

Thanks

Hello @praxisnah2016,

If you just disable the Font Manager, yet still set the fonts to use Google fonts then the Google Fonts will still be loaded on the page.

If you want to totally deactivate Google Fonts, you will need to use System fonts.

Please be aware that OMGF is a 3rd party plugin. It is best that you contact the creators of the plugin if you encounter any issues with it.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.