Date Archive Dynamic Title

I’m using the Layout Builder to create a universal Archive listing page. I’m working on creating a dynamic title for the page which loads the Archive Title ({{dc:archive:name}}). Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to work for Date Archives. The title is left blank when I load an Archive lists for a specific Month (site.com/2021/09). Is there a way that I can format Dynamic Content to load a date as the Title for a page?

For example, on the archive listing page at site.com/2021/09, the title should be “September 2021”.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @lydonassoc,

Thanks for reaching out!

Regretfully, there’s no dynamic content to display the date archive the way you wanted.

Thank you for understanding.

Is there anything in Dynamic Content that I can use to help identify the content of that Archive page? Terms can be shown fine. Or is there any additional direction that I can follow using some custom coding in Layout Builder?

For instance, is there a way to dynamically generate an Archive Description for a Date Archive that I can then utilize as a dynamic title in Layout Builder? I know you cannot provide specific code to accomplish something like that, but do you believe something like that is possible?

I’d also like to add this as a feature request. Not being able to dynamically title a Date Archive page is a pretty big hole in the feature set.

Hi @lydonassoc,

I suggest that you add a note to your layout builder that will only show to the date archive. To do that, you can use a text element then add an element conditional like this one.

On the other hand, I already added this as a feature request.

Hope that helps.

Please add my vote to this feature request.

Hello @JvP

We have already added it to our feature request list and there is no ETA at the moment so I would request you, please stay tuned for succeeding theme updates.

Thanks for understanding

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.