I am finally having my site hosted. I am sure support will be less frustrating when I can let you see first hand some of my outstanding issues. But today I have what I hope is a simple question. We just finished migrating the data from a localhost environment to the hosting platform. It looked very broken at first but is finally up and looks normal. Text was available but all images were not displaying with one or two exceptions, which we could not explain. One thing we had to do was to run a find/replace query to change the naming structure from local host to the site name. This fixed almost all of the issues first recognized. But the query did not fix the links in the Revolution Slider. Since the slider has SQL tables, I cannot understand why the find replace query did not work. Can you please explain and possibly resolve this?
Also, there were some links in the footer for some images, that I manually changed and the image in the header was completely missing and had to be reset. I would like to learn from this experience so any information as to an explanation of what happened would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
John
Hi John,
Thanks for writing in! To assist you with this issue, we’ll first need you to provide us with your URL. This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.
Thank you.
I am not sure I understand why you need the URL to answer a simple question as to why slider revolution does not respond to a sql query to change the local host address to my hosted address. It worked with the X theme database, for the most part. I would like the slider resolved. In any case, the URL is lonecypressworkshop.com.
I await your response.
John
Hi There,
Seems like your migration is corrupted.
I would recommend you, using the plugin ALL IN ONE MIGRATION which allows you to import the whole content and database of your website with a couple of clicks and works pretty flawlessly.
Hope it helps