Customizing Icon Footer

I am trying to do two things:

  1. How can I have the bottom footer section narrower? I’ve tried adding CSS to have the padding be only 5px for the top + bottom, but, it doesn’t adjust correctly.

  2. How can I have the titles in the footer widget area be a different color than that of the text?

Also - why are the social icons not available in the widget area so that you can add them to different areas?

Thanks!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, 1) Besides of the x-colophon.bottom padding, the x-social-global (social icons) and x-colophon-content (content) has a top and bottom margin, you can adjust that with the custom CSS below.

.x-colophon.bottom .x-social-global {
	margin-top: 0px;
	margin-bottom: 0px;
}

.x-colophon.bottom .x-colophon-content,
.x-colophon.bottom .x-colophon-content p {
	margin-top: 0px;
	margin-bottom: 0px;
}
  1. Use the custom CSS below to change the footer’s widget titles.
/*footer widget title color*/
.x-colophon h4.h-widget {
	color: red;
}
  1. You need to use the icon shortcode (http://demo.theme.co/renew-1/shortcodes/icons/), wrap it on an anchor <a> tag so you can link it to your social pages.

e.g

<a href="SOCIAL PAGE URL HERE">[x_icon type="facebook-square"]</a>

If you need the icons being inline, do not put a line-break on each icon shortcode.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: