Customize Post look

Hello, I was able to customize my pages as I wanted using Pro. However, I would like to know if there is a way to create a template on which all my future posts looks like. I know I can customize specific posts as I want, but how can I create a template to re-use. As an example, I am attaching a screenshot on how it looks right now… I really don’t want this look as that would be great if there were no white box around the actual text, I don’t want the title of the post to be at the top like this…

Also, I am using The Grid to display my posts on my main page (if it helps).

Thanks !

Hi there,

You will need to add a new page template for the theme inside your Child Theme and do the customization in the code. This is outside of our support scope. We will give you proper links to get you started with:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-actions-and-filters-in-x/208
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/template-files-section/page-template-files/

Thank you.

1 Like

Hello, I’ve followed the instruction you sent me and I did setup the child theme. With some modification, I was able to remove the automatic title in h1 from appearing on new posts. However, even if I click on Fullwidth Post Layout on every new post I create, I still see the white box. Any way to force full width for post? By the way, in Theme Options -> Layout and Design, I’m already set to Fullwidth for the Content Layout.

Hi There,

Choosing Fullwidth for Content Layout means there is no sidebar. The entire content is bound to the settings you have set on Theme Options > Layout and design > Site Width and Site Max-width. The entire content of the post is inside a container, This container width and and max width depends on what you set on Layout and Design. If you want to override that container width, we can use the following custom CSS:

.single-post .x-container.max {
    width: 100%;
    max-width: initial;
}

Those Site width and max width will still work on other pages and and custom post type as expected. That CSS will make the white box fullwidth.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Hello, yes thanks it worked. However, I went with this solution instead:

Glad this is now working for you!

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.