Customize page stalls then snaps

Hi guys,

My customise page accessed via the dashboard loads as expected but in a frozen state (can’t click the menu items on the left)

Then after a few seconds the page snaps…

“Aww snap…”

I’ve eliminated the basic ideas, like reloading the browser, using a different browser, etc, but as things stand I can’t customise the page.

Any help appreciated

Update
Also noticed that if I try to access customise from the mini menu (at the top of the logged in Admin view of the website), I get a 403 forbidden message from my web host. May be related but no idea how!

1 Like

I have the exact same problem

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! A loading customizer screen could mean that there is a PHP memory limit. We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' ); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you, yes, it helped. My host increased the limit - appreciate

You are welcome @artfortheearth, Really glad that we could be of help! :slight_smile:

Cheers!