Customize menu change not saving

Hello,
I’m having trouble adding another button to my header menu. I successfully added it, but when I try to save and exit the customize area, it shows a Google Chrome dialogue box saying “Do you want to leave this site?” “Changes you made may not be saved.” STAY or LEAVE

to be clear this is under customize - Customizing - Menus - Header Menu. I added an item, then “reorderd” it, and hit Save & Publish several times.
then I get the error promt when I try to exit. I’ve tried to exit and save in various ways using the “x” button and the “back arrow”.

thanks,

Todd

Hi Todd,

Thanks for writing in! It seems that you’re having a script conflict. Could you please try disabling your 3rd party plugins and test this issue again?

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi, I have about twelve 3rd party plugins that do really important things. I’m not sure how to “disable” them. I have the option to “deactivate” them, but that sounds really risky. If I disable them, won’t it mess up my site, and cause me to do a ton of work to repair and rebuild?
Is there any other way around this?
thanks,
Todd

Hi there,

The deactivation of plugins does not have any effect regarding the settings and reactivating them will bring back the plugins with the same settings. But if you doubt about it you can duplicate your website to a staging server to test.

The 3rd party plugin conflict detection is only available by deactivating the plugins and see if the problem persists.

I also suggest that you give us the URL/User/Pass of your website using the secure note functionality of the post to give us a chance to see the case ourselves. Maybe we can have a better suggestion.

Thank you.