Customize Main Sidebar Colors and Hover

Hi, I am making a page with a widget area, and selected the main sidebar. It has categories and search only.

The problem is my text color is white so when I hover over the category the entire bar turns white and makes the white text blend away (#2). If you hover directly over the category name then the text appears (#3). Id like to get rid of the extra white hover bar effect in #2.

Also I wanted to get rid of the shadow effect (#1) around the category and just have it be clear.

Thank you for any help!

Hey There,

Please add following to the Custom CSS section inside your theme options:

.widget ul, .widget ol { box-shadow: none; }
.widget ul li:hover, .widget ol li:hover { background-color: none; }

Let me know if you need anything further.

Hi thank you for the reply. I added the following code but I am still having trouble with the white hover effect:

.widget ul, .widget ol { box-shadow: none; }
.widget ul, .widget ol { border: none; }
.widget ul li:hover, .widget ol li:hover { background-color: none; }

The shadow and border are gone now but not the white hover box. Thank you for any other advice!

Hey Michael,

Add this too.

.widget ul li:hover, .widget ol li:hover {
    background-color: transparent;
}

Hope that helps.

Thank you for all the help @christian ! I have attached the final result when you hover over the word.

What is this shadow effect and how can I adjust it? The word starts white and when I hover it has this second layer of colored text on it. Thank you.

Hello Michael,

By default, the text shadow were applied to the widget texts. This is the default code:

.widget {
    text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.95);
}

Feel free to modify the code above and set the text-shadow property to none. For more details, kindly check this out:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.