Customize Checkout Page for WooCommerce Yet?

Hey guys,

I’ve customized single and archive Woo pages to success but I noticed there doesn’t seem to be an element to present the checkout form so my guess is that this cannot be done yet? Themco reps had said this could be done once the Layouts feature was launched so not sure if it’s coming or if it’s possible already and I’ve missed how to do it?

Hi @co50,

Thanks for reaching out.
The Checkout page layout can be found in Layout type of WC Single, please find the screenshot below describing the Layout.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Ah, OK. It looks like you can only add stuff to what is normally there. You can’t really move the elements of the checkout page around (billing form, order summary, etc.) since it is all bundled in “the content”. Are there plans to allow true customization of this page?

Hey @co50,

This is something we can add to our list of feature requests. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive.

Thanks!

This is something that needs to come out to compete with Elementor. I dont want to have to buy another builder(Elementor) just for the checkout/cart page. @co50 have you found a method that you like?

Our clients, luckily, are OK with the default checkout page but there are some 3rd party plugins that provide some nicer shopify-like layouts. We use them on some sites where the checkout look matters more.

I did use the woocommerce blocks plugin in conjunction with elementor to make a decent one. However it had conflicts with other plugins that I had so I am in the market for a new cart/checkout solution.

@tristup How do you get that template for the checkout. I only have feature boxes or split as an option.

Hello John,

Thanks for writing to us.

To get the checkout stater template, you need to create the layout. I would suggest you create a WooCommerce Single Layout —>Click on Use Template —>Now select the starter checkout template.

Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Thanks

Hey @prakash_s I have tried that and the same 8 templates show like my screen shot before. I’m not really sure what I am missing here.

Hi @jpattwell,

I suggest that you create your own thread, then on that thread, would you mind sharing your admin credential so that we can check your setup? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.