Customising archive pages

Hi, I’m using the integrity stack.

I’m trying to find where I can customise the archive pages.

So far, I’ve searched on the forums here - but can’t find any answer to the issue I’m having.

There are 2 main things I want to customise:

  1. The archive page layout - eg, I want to add an introduction per archive page / or I want to allow filtering on the archive page (show items from tag1 with an option to narrow to tag1 AND tag2).

  2. The excerpt that is posted for each item on the archive page.

The reason I’m trying to do this is because I will be creating a custom post type, and will need the above functionality for it.

Any tips?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Regretfully the option you want doesn’t offer by X or Pro, and also this is something out of our theme support scope.
How ever you can make it yourself by help of a developer. Here is a great example how to make a custom archive page. http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-an-archives-page-in-wordpress/
With filter options.

Thanks for understanding!

Thanks

Hi basanta :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the late response!

WPbeginner is a great resource which I’ve used a lot in the past and I have a degree of developer ability myself too.

Could you give me an answer to my second question too please?

How can I customise the items displayed on the main blog page? (imagine the above question without me creating separate archive pages).

Cheers!

Hi There,

Thanks for getting back to us!

To help you on this we need few information from your side!
1- Which stack you are using for your site. (Each stack having different layout for blog post)
2- Screenshot or reference that you want to achieve for your blog page.

Please provide us these things so that we can suggest you a possible answer.
Hope to hear from you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.