Customiser Not Loading: Pro Child

Hello, I have been merrily making CSS edits within Admin > Appearance > Customise however for no apparent reason I am no longer able to enter the Customiser. It now sits at the loading screen and does nothing but spin the X logo.

The website is hopeconductive.education. Frontend still displays fine.

Prior to the happening, I was adding code to Custom CSS, that is all.

I require assistance and solutions for this without losing all the work I have done for this website. I have already uninstalled and resintalled Pro Child however I am still having this issue.

I’ll provide the login details in a secure note.

Edit: I have restarted my computer and tried Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge and the issue still occurs.

Hi there @walkertron,

Thanks for writing in!

I’ve taken a look and there are multiple Javascript errors preventing the customizer from loading, though I’m currently unable to replicate this on a development environement.

In the mean time, the theme options does load. If you login to your wp-admin and hover over “Pro” in the toolbar and click theme options, then click CSS on the left hand side, does that contain all your CSS from the customizer?

Thanks!

Hi there @Jack

Yes thankyou I am able to see my custom CSS in theme options. I do still however require my site fully operational.

Thank you

We can forget this now as I’ve had a disaster with the site and lost my data.

Edit: I have torn down my hosting server and now concluded this was most certainly an issue with SSL (since the customiser was not loading for any other theme). Ensuring SSL was setup correctly for the domain now allows access to the customiser. In case anyone else has this issue.

Thanks

Let us know if you need further assistance.