Customise Search Results page using loopers

Hi team,

I’m really struggling to customise the Search results page.
I’ve managed to create a Layout for the “Search Results” being viewed… However I can’t work out how to have the dynamic search results actually appear.

I’ve been playing with Looper but just can’t get it happening.

This is what I have so far:
Row as the Provider:

Column as consumer:

I’ve played with some various elements to try and get it going but I’m just not having any luck.

What’s the best combination of elements and looper settings to get the Search results displaying?

I’d like to show Products, Pages and Posts.

HALP!

Hey @archerthefox,

Your setup is almost correct. Just add in the post type query and &s= like in the following screenshot. In the screenshot, I’m outputting product results.

Hope that helps

Thanks Christian,

I also want to include Posts and pages… How do I do that?

Also What is the best dynamic content to use to display the results with a link to the actual content?

I’ve put this in and I’m getting the same results…

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 9.32.34 am

Hi @archerthefox,

If you want to include posts, pages, and products, please remove your Looper Provider. Let the default WordPress Loop on the search results page do the work for you.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Christian,

Sorry it’s just still a bit vague for me. If you can give me some specific direction about exactly what you mean by “remove your Looper Provider. Let the default WordPress Loop on the search results page do the work for you” I can try again but this just isn’t specific enough for me to action…

I’ll provide login details…

I’d love it to look like this:

Hello @archerthefox,

When editing your Search Results layout, you can preview the layout by assigning the preview page.

By the way, I went ahead and made some changes to your layout. I did not add a looper provider and only added the looper consumer. I also added some elements to the layout to give you an example of how you should layout the page.

Please edit your posts and add some tags or categories as well. Check your search layout now.

Great thank you!

I have just 2 questions…

1. How can I link all elements to the page, post or product that’s listed in the results? For example right now it’s showing image and excerpt but I can’t click to view the actual page, product or post.

2. In the Catering search example, I would like to show ALL products individually that are tagged with Catering. There are currently 37 products under the ‘Catering’ category but it’s only showing a summary of ‘Catering’ as one result.

Thanks for your help!

Hi @archerthefox,

1.) In the URL field instead of {{dc:term:url}} use the {{dc:post:permalink}}

If you need the entire Column to be the link, you can change the tag to anchor <a> and use the {{dc:post:permalink}} in the URL field.

2.) That is only possible if those products contain the keyword (Catering) on title or content.

Thanks,

Thank you so much!!!

Glad we could help,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.