Custom product pages for Woocommerce, best practices?

Hi all!

I’m using Pro and Woocommerce for my website. My goal was/is to use Woocommerce for the website, but Cornerstone to make the product pages.

Because it is’t possible to edit the products of Woocommerce with Cornerstone I created a page for each product. Then I would edit the page with Cornerstone and add the Woocommerce shortcodes (‘add to cart’ and ‘price’, etc.).

But I overlooked one thing: the native product pages still exist and they show up in the google search list.

Are there any thoughts about how to achieve my goal (custom product pages editable with Cornerstone) in an elegant way?

Thanks!
David

1 Like

So there are several ways to hide/change the native product pages

URL re-writes (could be complex)
Submitting a proper Google Site Map XML (easy)
create a robots.txt to block crawlers on the products you don’t want to show up.

Yoast premium has a built in tool for rewrites


Hope this helps
Dave

Hey Dave!

Thank you very much. Those are some good points. Really helpful!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.