Custom Post Type Sub-Category Archive not Displaying Custom Posts

Could you take a look at my setup in Pro and the dashboard via each of these images and let me know if I am missing something? I am trying to allow my custom posts I’ve build in cornerstone to display in my sub categories.

I don’t understand what I could be doing wrong. It seems to only want to pull in regular posts, not custom posts.

Hey @versaadmin,

Your subcategory archive issue could be caused by customizations and/or your custom post type setup. Before we can investigate, we need to know if the issue is really coming from our theme. With that said, please perform the troubleshooting actions mentioned in our Common Issues article here: https://theme.co/docs/common-issues

If you’ve determined that the issue is indeed coming from our theme, please give us the following info in a Secure Note

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

Regarding the image issue, it looks like your web host is having a problem loading images. It could also be a 3rd party plugin causing that. I noticed that images load really slow. Sometimes your images loads. Sometimes it doesn’t exist. It’s not our theme nor our builder that’s causing this. Please contact your web host for this issue.

Thanks.

Thanks, Christian. Let’s not focus on the image issue right now.

I did do the best practices check on everything else-- this seems to be a theme issue in the way a function is calling posts. Take a look at the ALT text popping up when I hover over the Pro theme metadata hypertext. That could totally be a misnomer for lay people, but I have a feeling that function is calling “posts” and isn’t set up to call “custom posts”. Does that make sense?

Hello @cyltecadmin,

Before anything else, you will have to resolve the on going slug conflict between your Behind the scenes custom post type and the BTS category which is also named as Behind the scenes.

Custom Post type archive slug:

Behind the scene category slug:

There should be NO duplicate slug to avoid any issues. Once you have resolve this conflict, the custom post archive category should display your custom post items.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.