Custom Post type not showing up in search results

Hi there

Couple of questions in relation to the search function on this development site: http://www.tihrfestival.nightingalewebsites.co.uk/
I am using Pro.

  1. I would like search results to be limited to the custom post type ‘event’ which I have set up.

  2. I have set up custom fields in the events, however, the search results are not finding text that is placed in the custom fields. For example: if I search for ‘Richard Allen’ then the event http://www.tihrfestival.nightingalewebsites.co.uk/event/event-2/ should come up in the search results, but it doesn’t because the name is in the custom field box I have created. How can search pick this up?

  3. I am finding it difficult to get the search bar in the top navigation to display correctly. It pushes the nav menu to the left. Basically I just want the search bar to appear above the menu but not impact the placement of the menu. How can I do this.

Many thanks
Sam

Hi,

1 & 2

Regretfully this isn’t a feature offered by X. It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this.

3 You can try adding this in PRO Header > CSS

.hm5.x-search {
    top: 20px;
    position: absolute;
    right: 0;
}

Hope that helps