Custom Post Templates

Hi I want to sometimes be able to have full width sections of posts. I don’t want to change the post width for all the posts as I have a lot of older posts that would get messed up so I was thinking that setting up a custom post template that could go full width might be better. I found this tutorial: http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/create-custom-single-post-templates-for-specific-posts-or-sections-in-wordpress/

I have created a simple custom-single-post.php and put it in my integrity folder of my child theme containing this code:

<?php
/*
 * Template Name: Featured Article
 * Template Post Type: post
 */
  
 get_header();  ?>

It says that I should be able to select it from the “Post Attributes” section of the edit page but the section is not there, only a “Format” section. I checked the ‘screen options’ at the top but couldn’t see it there.
how so I do this?

Thanks

Hi There,

That code is working fine on my end.

Could you please provide us with your website URL and admin account(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.