Custom post format VS custom post type

Hi,

I want to create posts in different specific layouts (for book reviews, podcast posts, software reviews, video posts).
Hence i want to create dedicated global layouts for those.

Should I create a custom post type (CPT) and then create a template?
If yes, I noticed that cornerstone does not open CPTs although I have activated those under settings of X. Is there a way to make this work?

I believe there is another option and that is renaming and changing the layout of the different blog posts FORMATS (video, link, quote etc) that X and wordpress is having. Would you rather recommend this option?

What is the best practise for this (surely typical) challenge?

Thanks
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

Yes, you need to create CPT and then create a template for it.

You can copy the single files from the theme and rename the files according to the CPT you created.

For example if you created Inventory CPT, you can rename the files to

wp-content/themes/x-child/single-inventory.php
wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/{STACK}/wp-single-inventory.php
wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/{STACK}/content-inventory.php

With regards to Cornerstone, yes you need to enable it under X Settings.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.