Custom Permalink Plugin Conflict

Hi there,

I had been a participating member of this thread and was hoping to reactivate it/get some resolution:

There really is no other plugin that accomplishes the permalink editing that I need and I’ve been holding off on updating Cornerstone/X because of this, which I’m not wild about.

There had been a suggestion in the thread that all we need to do was update the URL path associated with Cornerstone, but it was never made clear what that path needed to be updated to. I’m happy to provide login information so you can get in and see what I’m seeing.

Thanks!
Joan

Hi Joan,

I was never given any further advice on that suggestion, or a way to correct this issue. Would be great if someone from themeco could help us out with it! I haven’t been able to update cornerstone or that plugin for a long time. Thanks for reviving the thread.

Best,
Julianne

1 Like

Hi there,

I have checked the case on my local installation and there is indeed a conflict between Cornerstone and the plugins that alter the permalinks.

As each plugin alter the permalinks in its own way it will be virtually impossible to make Cornerstone compatible with all of them.

We reported this to our development team and they will follow up the case. Please kindly consider that this is a matter of conflict with 3rd party plugin which is not guaranteed to have a quick fix and we can not give the ETA for such a compatibility.

Rest assured that the issue is already brought to our development team attention and they will act upon if necessary.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi Christopher,

Thanks so much for the response and for reporting to the development team. I realize it would be impossible to work with all 3rd party plugins and I totally understand that you all have to prioritize what to work with. In an attempt to make the case for a fix for this, the “Custom Permalinks” plugin that @PoscoCreative and I are using has over 100,000+ installs, so this plugin definitely has large appeal (https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-permalinks/).

Is there a timeframe in which the development team makes these priority decisions? I’d love to know if they decide to pursue a custom permalink fix or not, as if they don’t, I’ll need to look for other alternatives.

Thanks so much for the info!
Joan

1 Like

Hi Joan,

Unfortunately, we cannot provide an ETA.

Thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I’ve looked into this and it’s a bug in the custom permalink plugin. They reject URLs that contain a trailing slash. From what I can tell it thinks it’s one of the previous URLs because the query information matches, but it isn’t an exact match to the custom slug. They should just be able to honor either form - slash or no slash. The plugin redirects a trailing slash to a non trailing slash with a 301. This could cause infinite redirect loops on servers that enforce a trailing slash.

1 Like