Custom links class

Hi X,

I’m attempting to make a custom link style for hyperlinks inside an accordion. I’ve tried to do this with a class but I’m missing the mark. Can you please help out?

You can see the hyperlink styling here: Purple with Yellow underline


but only in the accordion like this:

I can change all links with global css like this (please suggest a correction if this is incorrect)
p a{
border-bottom:2px solid rgba(253, 181, 21, 0.5);
}
}
p a:hover{
border-bottom:2px solid rgba(253, 181, 21, 0.75);
transition: all 0.25s;
}

p{
line-height:1.5em;
margin-bottom: 1em;

then to make a class, I do this:
text link here

.my-link {
border-bottom:2px solid rgba(253, 181, 21, 0.5);
line-height:1.5em;
margin-bottom: 1em;
}

.my-link:hover {
border-bottom:2px solid rgba(253, 181, 21, 0.75);
transition: all 0.25s;
}

Hi There,

Please don’t use general CSS like this:

p a{
border-bottom:2px solid rgba(253, 181, 21, 0.5);
}
}
p a:hover{
border-bottom:2px solid rgba(253, 181, 21, 0.75);
transition: all 0.25s;
}

p{
line-height:1.5em;
margin-bottom: 1em;
}

That is too general and it will make all your links on content area underlined. We have to use more specific selector. On accordion element class field, add accordion-links. Then let’s declare it like this:

.accordion-links .x-accordion-body a {
    border-bottom: 2px solid rgba(253, 181, 21, 0.5);
    line-height: 1.5em;
    margin-bottom: 1em;
}

Hope this helps.

I’m trying to modify the attributes of the hyperlinks in blog posts on the site linked below. As you can see they are hard to spot on the page. I would like to modify them so they pop a little more and perhaps change from the dotted lines.

What would be the CSS class field I need for this?

I apologize if this was discussed somewhere else.

http://martyintheusa.com/start-spreading-newsmartys-guide-ny/

I was able to adjust the hover properties of them, but not the normal ones. The code I used is listed below. What am I doing wrong that it’s not editing the non-hover setting?

.format-standard .entry-content a{
text-decoration: underline 5px #a6808c;
color: white;
font-size: 100%;
font-weight: bold;
}

.format-standard .entry-content a:hover{
background-color: #a6808c;
color: #fff;
padding: 5px;
border-radius: 8px;
font-size: 105%;
font-weight: bold;
}

Hi again,

Please use the following code instead:

.format-standard .entry-content a:not(.x-btn):not(.x-img-thumbnail) {
    border-bottom: 5px #a6808c solid !important;
    text-decoration: none !important;
    color: white !important;
    font-size: 100% !important;
    font-weight: bold !important;
}

Cheers!