Custom Layout with Assigned Sidebar

Hi,

I am creating a custom layout for posts and when I do the sidebar that I assigned through the Theme Options is gone. Is there a way to keep the sidebar when publishing a custom layout?

I am using the Icon Stack at Fullwidth and Sidebar/Content.

The amount of customizations I can do with this theme is insane. It’s pretty overwhelming, to be honest, but I love it, nonetheless.

Thanks and regards,

Josh

Hello Josh,

Thanks for writing in! In your custom layout, did you use a Widget Area element? You must assign the custom sidebar to be displayed in the widget area.

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your custom layout for posts. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you! I added the note.

Also, the bar to the right in the Madden layout is going to be set for the soon-to-be Madden menu for that navigation. It is going to have an appearance similar to Themeco’s docs pages. Just for navigation for specific content related to that category.

I just need to figure out how to implement the sidebar.

Hello Joshua,

We could not find the Madden Layout. When I check the Pro > Layouts, there are no custom layouts.

You may be providing the incorrect site URL or have created the layout somewhere.

Thanks.

That’s weird. Not sure how to fix that. Here is what I am seeing - http://prnt.sc/1g15tf4

Hi Joshua

As Ruenel suggested above, you can use the Widget Area element for adding a sidebar on the Layout.

Sorry to say but that Themeco’s docs navigation is a custom one, and it’s not possible with PRO.

But there is a trick though when you use the same layout for each page, so it will only have differences in the Content. But Header, Sidebar, and Footer remain the same.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you for that. That definitely helps. I was watching a bunch of tutorials from Themeco’s YouTube channel and wow is there a lot you can do. I have not seen anything in regards to a custom layout and sidebar just yet but I know exactly how to do it now.

Thank you for your help!

Hi Joshua,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.