Custom Font Bold

Hi team,

I have uploaded a custom font, mirada. It only comes in one font weight (400). But when I am using it in cornerstone it gives me the option to make it bold, and it does make it bold. How is it doing this? Is it adding a stroke/outline to the font? It is making it REALLY bold. Is there something I can adjust somewhere to change just how bold it is making the font?

Thanks so much!
Ashley

Hello @texaskiwi13,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that you have imported only the regular version of the font family, I would suggest you please import the other font weight variation and then check it again.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi,

I don’t think you read my post correctly. The font only comes in 400, which I have uploaded. But, cornerstone is giving me an option to make it bold. And it is making it bold. I’m trying to figure out how it’s doing this so that I can see if I can tweak it.

How is cornerstone making the font bold when only one font weight (400) is uploaded?

Hello Ashley,

Please note that the font-weight CSS has attributes that are “normal”, “bold”, “lighter”, and “bolder” just because Cornerstone provides such settings on the element. If the specific font provides such variation support then the font would render properly on the browser. Please have a look at this article.

Hope it helps
Thanks