Custom Field date type shortcode output format issue

I have a date in a custom field (Toolset) and I’m adding it to the content of a custom post layout page.
The custom field is stored as a Timestamp and I am using the shortcode: {{dc:post:meta key=“wpcf-ad-expiry-date”}}
The shortcode displays the date as numbers only, so not very helpful.
I tried the following shortcode with type date, however it showed today’s date, not the custom field date: {{dc:post:meta key=“ad-expiry-date” type=“date” format=“F j, Y”}}
Is there anything I am missing here? The other non-date custom fields work great.
There is another way that displays it correctly on a page, but it is not a ‘closed’ shortcode and it doesn’t work works where I need it. This is: [types field=“ad-start-date” style=“text” format=“j F Y”][/types].
I really want to use the dc:post shortcode, so hopefully you can help here.
Cheers
Ken

Hello Ken,

Thanks for writing in! Please edit your custom field. Make sure that you have set the display format and the return format. Check this out:

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.