Custom CSS has stopped working

I have one part of my website which used to display with custom global CSS until I upgraded X Theme to the latest version. Now it’s stopped working. (I was a few versions behind so can’t identify exactly which update broke it.)

It should display the child pages of a particular parent page with a different colour scheme to the rest of the site, e.g. a background colour of #333333 not #67abb8 which is the site default. It was working perfectly until recently.

This is my global custom CSS:

body.parent-pageid-7943 {
	background-color: #333333;
}

body.page-id-7974 .entry-wrap {
	background-color: #333333;
  border: 0;
  -webkit-box-shadow: none;
  box-shadow: none;
}

#menu-menu-golden-hearts-awards {
  border: 0;
  -webkit-box-shadow: none;
  box-shadow: none;
}

#menu-menu-golden-hearts-awards li a {
  background: #bf9950;
  color: #000;
}

#menu-menu-golden-hearts-awards li a:hover {
  background: #fff;
  color: #000;
}

#menu-menu-golden-hearts-awards .current-menu-item a {
color: #bf9950;
background: #000;
}

body.parent-pageid-7943 h1, body.parent-pageid-7943 h2, body.parent-pageid-7943 h3, body.parent-pageid-7943 h4, body.parent-pageid-7943 h5, body.parent-pageid-7943 h6, body.parent-pageid-7943 a, body.parent-pageid-7943 .x-accordion a:hover {
  color: #bf9950;
}

body.parent-pageid-7943 a:hover {
  color: #333333;
}

body.parent-pageid-7943 input[type="submit"], body.parent-pageid-7943 input[type="button"], body.parent-pageid-7943 .x-btn {
  background: #bf9950;
  color: #000;
  border: 0;
  text-shadow: none !important;
  font-weight: bold;
}

body.parent-pageid-7943 input[type="submit"]:hover, body.parent-pageid-7943 .x-btn:hover {
  background: #000;
  color: #fff;
  border: 0;
}

body.parent-pageid-7943 .x-sidebar .widget_nav_menu ul li a:before {
  content: "\f004";
  background: none;
  color: #ece0c9;
}

body.parent-pageid-7943 .x-navbar .desktop .x-nav > li > a:hover {
  box-shadow: inset 0 4px 0 0 #bf9950;
  color: #bf9950;
}

body.parent-pageid-7943 .x-accordion-heading .x-accordion-toggle:before{
	content: "\f004";
  text-decoration: none;
  color: #bf9950;
}

The parent page is https://www.hey.nhs.uk/awards/ and an example of a child page is https://www.hey.nhs.uk/awards/about/

Can anyone help please?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! We haven’t been able to log in to your site because the given password is incorrect. By the way, your issue maybe related to the css regeneration in the latest release. To resolve this, please check out this thread:

Hope this helps.

Sorry, please could you try the password now? Not sure why it wasn’t working but I’ve just reset and tested it.

I don’t think that issue is what’s causing my custom CSS not to work, unfortunately, as I have re-saved the pages several times. :frowning:

Hi There,

I am able to login. Can you clarify where is that CSS added before it stop working? I have check global CSS and cornerstone page CSS and that part of CSS is no there. Now, if you will add it just below what you have in GLOBAL CSS it will not work because you are missing closing } for the @media print {. Check your current custom CSS. All media queries have proper closing } except for that one. Try adding another } after this line of CSS:

 .print-logo {
    display: inline!important;
  }

Then add all those custom CSS for the child page again and check after that.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Lely for replying.

The custom CSS is included here:

Appearance -> Customise -> Custom -> Edit Global CSS

However, the closing bracket solved the issue - something so simple but so difficult to spot! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.