Custom CSS -- accessed in two different locations

I’m confused by the Custom CSS options. I’m very glad to have them – but I get confused between which one to use…

If you use X/Launch/Options there is Global CSS in the left side bar.

If you use Customizer then you get a very similar menu with most of the same options but with “Additional CSS” at the bottom.

I’ve seen both these locations mentioned in this forum. When to use one, and not the other?

Also why is there so much overlap between the two screens in terms of Stack/Typography/Buttons/etc.? They seem largely the same. Is one of these methods of customization being deprecated?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! The Global CSS in X/Launch/Options is a built in bundled with X. Any custom css added here will not be applied if you change a theme other than X. The additional CSS in the customizer is a default customizer setting in WordPress. The custom css you have added here will always work no matter what theme you are using. This feature was added in WordPress 4.7. You can check out the full details here: https://codex.wordpress.org/CSS#Custom_CSS_in_WordPress

Hope this helps.

Okay, that makes sense. Thank you.

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.