Custom 404 plugin creates 'extra' random title

Hi,

We use your 404 custom page title that looks like this here:

It displays pretty often this page correctly when showing a 404. But with some ‘odd’ links it shows a title like this link

https://www.amaravati.org/abmnew/index.php/teachings/eArticles

The title is taken from the latest post, in this case it is this one: https://www.amaravati.org/dhamma-reflection-from-luang-por-sumedho-just-watching-the-mind/

So when another post is uploaded, it will take that particular title.

Help?

Amaravati

Hello @Amaravati,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked the ODD link and it seems that this is a page. It should not display the title which is from the single post. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi there! I added the credentials. Thanks for checking for us.

Hi @amaravati

There might be a few different reasons for your issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot a few common issues first:

1. Theme Related issue
  2. Child Theme Issue
  3. Testing for Plugin Conflict

If none of the above helps, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And please give us access as you did for your live site.

Thanks

Hi there,

So it is not straightforward… The 404 plugin might have some issue with other components of the site.

Also, I had to restore the widgets, somehow some got cleared while you were there… :thinking:

Let’s see whether I can get a staging environment setup.

Many thanks again for your help.

A

Hi Amaravati,

We have checked the page you set as the custom 404 page, and the post where the title is coming. To do the experiments in your site, we preffer the staging as it does not break your live site.
The widget issue you are having that might be the other reasons, we will check that too in the staging if that exists.

Please let us know while it’s ready to access.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.